Essential oils have a very positive effect on our emotional and physical wellbeing. You should bear in mind however that careless use of essential oils can be harmful.
* Essential oils are very concentrated substances, therefore you only require minute quantities to obtain the best results. Exceeding the recommended dosage does not give you better results and could be quite harmful.
* Before commencing any treatment you should consult your doctoror qualified practitioner.
* Some essential oils are not recommended for persons with hypertension, epilepsy or anyone with neurological complications.Other plants such as angelica, juniper, marjoram, rosemary, fennel, camomile, lavender or lemon balm should not be used during pregnancy as they are emenogogues (promote menstrual bleeding or induce miscarriage) and are diuretic.
* Do not ingest any essential oils. Taking of essential oils orally may cause serious internal damage.
* Do not apply pure essential oils directly onto the skin; always dilute them with carrier oils.
* Always wash your hands after handling pure essential oils.
* In case of accidental contact with the skin or eyes, wash the affected area with abundant water and place some drops of sweet almond oil on the affected area to dilute any residue and sooth any irritation.
* Keep essential oils away from children.
* Essential oils should be kept away from any heat source as they are highly inflammable.
* Before using any essential oil you should test for any skin irritation or allergic reaction.
* Some essential oils such as citric essential oils, angelica or verbena are phototoxic, meaning that when applied some time before exposure to sunlight they can cause irregular and permanent pigmentation of the skin.
The information presented here is purely informative and introductory.
Before starting any treatmente we strongly advise you to consult your doctor or qualified practitioner.