It may also be used to add different flavours to already distilled eau-de-vie by using the copper sieve which can be inserted at the bottom of the column. By running a batch of eau-de-vie through this alembic you may add aroma and different flavourings. Place a few oak wood chips in the column and you will obtain the colouring and aroma of an aged eau-de-vie, or zest it up with different fruits, berries, herbs or spices. The process is very simple.
You may also obtain essential oils in this alembic through steam distillation as the organic material does not come in direct contact with the water but is distilled with steam. Copper sieve is held in place by 4 indents in the copper wall.
Complete Set Includes:
* copper pot with approx. 2,5 litre capacity
* copper column lid which acts as a vapour chamber
* interior copper sieve plate for steam distillation process
* rapid brass locking/unlocking attachment between swan neck lid and condensing recipient
* copper water recipient with condensing coil
* water inlet and outlet tubing on condensing recipient
* 500 W electric plate made in Germany with an infinitively variable temperature regulator 110/220 V - CE mark of approval
* copper cup
* wood base
* stainless steel 25 mm (1”) thermometer with copper thermowell - perfectly adapted to the size of the alembic with a 1% Accuracy margin- Celsius reading
Treatment: A first cleaning distillation is essential to clean impurities and other unwanted substances. These substances, which are inherent to copper, are deposited after the still has not been in use for a relatively long period of time.
Detailed information will be available to client after purchase is made.
Wish to read more on distilling.
By default the electric plates are set to 220 V, please set to the correct voltage for your country. Use the voltage selector on the underside of the electric plate to set the voltage to 110 V if required.
The CE symbol indicates conformity with legal directives of the European Union (EU) with regard to safety, health, environment and consumer protection.
|Height x Length x Width (mm)||480 mm x 350 mm x 180 mm|
|Material||Copper & Brass Handles|
This product is handmade and as such real dimensions, colors, shapes, weights and capacities may vary slightly from those listed here.
The copper thickness refers to the copper sheet used in the manufacturing of the alembic.
The accessories listed here will help you to get the best out of your alembic and also to assist you with your distillation process.
If you order the items simultaneously on a single shipment, you will benefit from a substantial reduction of shipping charges.