It may also be used to add different flavors to already distilled eau-de-vie by using the copper sieve which can be inserted at the bottom of the column. By running a batch of eau-de-vie through this alembic you may add aroma and different flavorings. Place a few oak wood chips in the column and you will obtain the coloring and aroma of an aged eau-de-vie, or zest it up with different fruits, berries, herbs or spices. The process is very simple.
You may also obtain essential oils in this alembic through steam distillation as the organic material does not come in direct contact with the water but is distilled with steam. Copper sieve is held in place by 4 indents in the copper wall
Complete Set Includes:
* copper pot with approx. 2,5 liter capacity
* copper column lid which acts as a vapor chamber
* interior copper sieve plate for steam distillation process
* rapid brass locking/unlocking attachment between swan neck lid and condensing recipient
* copper water recipient with condensing coil
* water inlet and outlet tubing on condensing recipient
* copper wick alcohol lamp
* copper cup
* wood base
* stainless steel 25 mm (1”) thermometer with copper thermo well - perfectly adapted to the size of the alembic with a 1% Accuracy margin- Celsius reading
Although the copper pot resembles a riveted union construction it has been soldered with silver guaranteeing perfect impermeability. Distillation may be processed directly on the wood base if desired.
For a small distilling unit with electric plate, please see article 4195.1e.
Treatment: A first cleaning distillation is essential to clean impurities and other unwanted substances. These substances, which are inherent to copper, are deposited after the still has not been in use for a relatively long period of time.
Detailed information will be available to client after purchase is made.
Wish to read more on distilling.
|Material||Copper & Brass Handles|
|Height x Length x Width (mm)||480 mm x 350 mm x 180 mm|
This product is handmade and as such real dimensions, colors, shapes, weights and capacities may vary slightly from those listed here.
The copper thickness refers to the copper sheet used in the manufacturing of the alembic.
The accessories listed here will help you to get the best out of your alembic and also to assist you with your distillation process.
If you order the items simultaneously on a single shipment, you will benefit from a substantial reduction of shipping charges.