This is ideal to experiment with steam distillation.
* All the Premium units have the identifying Al-Ambiq® plaque;
* The 3 body parts can be used for both steam and simple distillation, just by removing the sieve tray in the middle.
* Thicker copper sheets that require more manual labour and as a result become hand crafted master pieces;
* Brass solders are used instead of copper or phosphorous alloy solders;
* These equipments, if treated well, can last an entire lifetime.
Treatment: A first cleaning distillation is essential to clean impurities and other unwanted substances. These substances, which are inherent to copper, are deposited after the still has not been in use for a relatively long period of time.
The lid and pot need to be sealed off to prevent the escape of vapors. This is achieved with a very simple and rudimentary sealing technique;
Detailed information will be available to client after purchase is made.
Wish to read more on distilling?
|Material||Copper & Brass Handles|
|Height x Length x Width (mm)||1440 mm x 870 mm x 800 mm|
This product is handmade and as such real dimensions, colors, shapes, weights and capacities may vary slightly from those listed here.
The copper thickness refers to the copper sheet used in the manufacturing of the alembic.
The accessories listed here will help you to get the best out of your alembic and also to assist you with your distillation process.
If you order the items simultaneously on a single shipment, you will benefit from a substantial reduction of shipping charges.