0,7 L Long Column Alembic Premium, Thermometer & Alcohol Burner
By running a batch of eau-de-vie through this alembic you may add aroma and different flavorings. A few oak wood chips and you will obtain the coloring and aroma of an aged eau-de-vie, or zest it up with different fruits, berries, herbs or spices.
The process is very simple. Place the eau-de-vie in the copper pot and the desired material in the copper sieve basket. This is then inserted in the copper lid (vapor chamber). The basket is held in place with the aid of two clamps.Assemble the alembic and proceed with distillation.
You may also obtain essential oils in this alembic through steam distillation. Unlike other alembic models, the flowers petal or other organic material which is inserted in the basket does not come into direct contact with the water.
You may distill directly on the wood base with the alcohol burner instead of placing it on a stove burner as in model 4183.
Complete Set Includes:
* copper pot
* copper swan neck column lid (concave shape)
* interior copper sieve basket
* rapid brass locking/unlocking attachment between swan neck lid and condensing recipient
* copper water recipient with condensing coil
* water inlet and outlet tubing on condensing recipient
* copper wick alcohol lamp
* copper cup
* wood base
* stainless steel 25 mm (1”) thermometer with copper thermo well -perfectly adapted to the size of the alembic with a 1% Accuracy margin- Celsius reading
Treatment: A first cleaning distillation is essential to clean impurities and other unwanted substances.These substances, which are inherent to copper, are deposited after the still has not been in use for a relatively long period of time.
Detailed information will be available to client after purchase is made.
Wish to read more on distilling.
- 0.7 L
- 0.9 mm
- Varnish Treatment
- Copper & Brass Handles
- 1.2 kg
- Height x Length x Width (mm)
- 310 mm x 310 mm x 140 mm