This alembic can be operated on its wood base for the distillation of wines in making excellent cognac brandies, after having aged in oak casks.
This Charentais alembic still unit includes:
* copper pot
* swan neck lid with brass connector
* onion shaped pre-heater pot complete, brass tap and connector
* brass valve between pre-heater and copper distilling unit
* condensing recipient with a very tightly coiled tubing (condensing coil longer than in other alembics)
* water inlet and outlet and an inverted funnel lid (decorative)
* rubber gaskets for brass connectors
* alcohol burner
* stainless steel 25 mm (1”) thermometer with copper thermo well - perfectly adapted to the size of the alembic with a 1% Accuracy margin- Celsius reading
Treatment: A first cleaning distillation is essential to clean impurities and other unwanted substances. These substances, which are inherent to copper, are deposited after the still has not been in use for a relatively long period of time.
Detailed information will be available to client after purchase is made.
Wish to read more on distilling.
|Material||Copper & Brass Handles|
|Height x Length x Width (mm)||300 mm x 450 mm x 140 mm|
This product is handmade and as such real dimensions, colors, shapes, weights and capacities may vary slightly from those listed here.
The copper thickness refers to the copper sheet used in the manufacturing of the alembic.
The accessories listed here will help you to get the best out of your alembic and also to assist you with your distillation process.
If you order the items simultaneously on a single shipment, you will benefit from a substantial reduction of shipping charges.