In this type of still the wash (wine etc) is placed in the main vessel (which will be heated by a electric plate included) and in the other two smaller recipients. As the wine is heated, vapours are generated and these travel to the second and third pot (the vapours are released at the bottom of each pot through a copper tube).
The repeated condensation and contact with the liquid help clean the rising vapour as less volatile undesirable material and water vapours fall back. This will increase the percentage of purity.
Complete Set Includes:
* copper pot with approx. 10 litre capacity
* copper lid
* 40º to 110ºC brass case Mercury Free thermometer
* 1200 W “Made In Germany” electric plate with an infinitively variable temperature regulator 110/220V
* CE mark of approval
* rubber seals/gaskets
* black metal structure with side clamps to tighten lid
* brass locking/unlocking attachments
* copper refining recipients
* copper condenser with serpentine coil
* water inlet and outlet tubing on condensing recipient
* copper cup
* wood base
Treatment: A first cleaning distillation is essential to clean impurities and other unwanted substances. These substances, which are inherent to copper, are deposited after the still has not been in use for a relatively long period of time.
Detailed information will be available to client after purchase is made.
Wish to read more on distilling.
|Material||Copper & Brass Handles|
|Height x Length x Width (mm)||520 mm x 700 mm x 280 mm|
This product is handmade and as such real dimensions, colors, shapes, weights and capacities may vary slightly from those listed here.
The copper thickness refers to the copper sheet used in the manufacturing of the alembic.
The accessories listed here will help you to get the best out of your alembic and also to assist you with your distillation process.
If you order the items simultaneously on a single shipment, you will benefit from a substantial reduction of shipping charges.