This is ideal to experiment with fermented fruits or sensible plants.
Premium Model manufactured with:
* Copper pot with double wall;
* Lid with swan neck;
* This model allows the connection of a refining lentil (dephlegmator) between the lid and swan neck, which can be bought separately;
* The condensing recipient is equipped with a water inlet tube located at the bottom of the condensing recipient and an outlet tube at the top where the water exits;
* There are brass locking / unlocking unions between the lid, swan neck pipe and the condensing recipient to avoid the escape of vapours;
* Discharge pipe from the internal chamber;
* Two screw-on brass plugs for the external chamber, one topside for filling up with water and the other near the base for discharging water;
* Pressure release tube for the release of excessive pressure;
* Side handles on the lid for easy and safe removal;
* Fill up the external chamber up to ¾ of its capacity with water, water level should be checked after each distillation to be sure the alembic will not run dry;
* All the Premium units have the identifying Al-Ambiq® plaque;
* Thicker copper sheets that require more manual labour and as a result become handcrafted master pieces;
* These equipments, if treated well, can last an entire lifetime.
Treatment: A first cleaning distillation is essential to clean impurities and other unwanted substances. These substances, which are inherent to copper, are deposited after the still has not been in use for a relatively long period of time;
The lid and pot need to be sealed off to prevent the escape of vapors. This is achieved with a very simple and rudimentary sealing technique;
Detailed information will be available to client after purchase is made;
Wish to read more on distilling?
|Height x Length x Width (mm)||1550 mm x 1780 mm x 910 mm|
|Material||Copper & Brass Handles|
This product is handmade and as such real dimensions, colors, shapes, weights and capacities may vary slightly from those listed here.
The copper thickness refers to the copper sheet used in the manufacturing of the alembic.
The accessories listed here will help you to get the best out of your alembic and also to assist you with your distillation process.
If you order the items simultaneously on a single shipment, you will benefit from a substantial reduction of shipping charges.